Domestic Violence Immigration Cases (VAWA)

If you came to the United States to marry a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) and then he or she became either physically or psychologically abusive, you may be eligible to self-petition for a green card on your own.

The Violence Against Women Act is an immigration law which protects men, women, and children who are subjected to domestic violence. We have dealt with many people in this situation and have been successful in obtaining them lawful permanent residence status (green card).

Our immigration lawyers can advise you of your rights and give you an assessment of the merits of your case, regardless of whether you are in the U.S. legally or illegally, are applying for this while in deportation or removal proceedings, or filing an affirmative petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Click here to complete our immigration case evaluation form.