Students, Trainees & Other Exchange Visitor Visas

Many colleges, universities, and vocational schools in the United States welcome large numbers of foreign students each year to study at their campuses, both permanently and temporarily. If you are a foreign national who has been accepted to study in the United States, you will need a student visa (F-1) in order to be permitted to enter the United States to study.

Our immigration lawyers can help you obtain an F-1 student visa or employment authorization under the Optional Practical Training program once you have completed a degree-based program at a college, university, or vocational school in the United States.
We prepare your visa application, make sure the I-20 issued by your school contains all required information, prepare the required affidavit of financial support, and submit your application and all necessary documentation to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. We take full responsibility for anything filed and will do everything we can to maximize your chances for approval.

Trainees and Other Exchange Visitor Visas

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides two nonimmigrant visa categories for persons to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States. The "J" visa is for educational and cultural exchange programs designated by the Department of State and the Bureau of Consular Affairs, and the "Q" visa is for international cultural exchange programs designated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Our immigration attorneys can help determine if you are eligible for either of these visas. J visas can be issued for scholastic preparation and medical education and training, among other study abroad and work programs. If you believe you may qualify for one of these types of visas or need a waiver for one of these types of visas, we can help.

Click here to complete our immigration case evaluation form.